Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia-based organization. We are consistently ranked as one of Canada's top charities in the field of international aid and development. Our mission is to bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ. We bring love, life, and hope to more than 50,000 children and elderly in 15 countries across four continents, including needy families within our own communities.
We are looking for someone who is as good with people as s/he is with numbers for the position of International Finance Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible primarily for reviewing financial reports from our international partners and communicating in writing and in detail with international partners on how to improve the quality of their financial reports.
We are looking for someone who is well-organized, has a keen attention to detail, is committed towards meeting deadlines, is comfortable in and adept at working in a highly computerized environment and enjoys and is effective at speaking with individuals at all levels of the organization. This position is open to applications from recent graduates.
Please explore our website to find out more about our organization.
Job Title: Internaional Finance Assistant
Direct Report Title: International Finance Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reviewing quarterly financial reports from overseas sites
- Providing support, training, and feedback to Chalice overseas sites in Africa, South America, Europe, and Asia
- Maintain electronic database for all overseas sites
- Maintain filing system for International Finance Department
- Preparation of quarterly summary reports and drafting management discussion and analysis for review by International Auditor and/or International Finance Manager
- Updating and maintaining Sage and Excel reports as requested by the International Finance Manager
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process for overseas sites
- Participating in the review and documentation of Chalice International Finance Office processes and procedures.
Education, Experience, and Technical Skills
- University/community college degree in accounting preferred;
- Experience preparing/reviewing financial statements;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems such as Sage, Quickbooks, etc.
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Critical eye for detail
- Quick learner; enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Have excellent time management, organizational, task planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing customer requirements
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- 40 hours a week
- Must be comfortable working in a faith filled prayer environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including health and travel insurance and a retirement savings plan.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to Carlos Lazcano, International Finance Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying your salary expectations and availability. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions is July 19, 2019.
International Finance Assistant
- Category: Employment